NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2011 12:26:32 +1000
Always a problem getting printers to co-operate.

Advice given me once. and never forgotten, is that with the problem outline where the printer may not be recognised, go to Preference > Print + Fax.

Select the recalcitrant printer and click " - " to remove it. Then click " + " and let Snow Leopard find it again.

Maybe turn the printer off after the "-" and on before the "+".

This has worked with my Epson Stylus Photo TX710W when deciding which to use - ethernet through a Time Capsule, USB direct, combinations thereof, etc.

I now have iMac > direct to Printer via USB 2.0.

Could never figure out how to get the "W" for wireless to work. Perhaps because I did not follow my previous advice and let the System do its best.

Regards from brianF