NISUS Archives

June 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:33:50 +0900
And here another thing: even without bothering with bookmarks at all, an inserted table of contents moves you to the location by double clicking. The only "drawback" is that you have to click on the page number instead of the text.

So I am really not sure what you are trying to gain by using bookmarks.

On 20. Jun 2010, at 1:32 , Philip Spaelti wrote:

> Hello Žorvaršur
>
> I am wondering if there is any reason why you don't just use the Navigator pane. If you are assigning styles to your headings and marking them as TOC entries, then you already have a "live" TOC in the Navigator pane. This also has the advantage that it is accessible from anywhere in the document and you don't need to go to the top of the document first.
>
> Philip
>
> On 19. Jun 2010, at 20:50 , Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I would like to have a table of contents with hot links at the beginning of my document so that I can jump to chapters in the document by double clicking on the corresponding entries in the table of contents. Is it possible to write a macro to achieve this task?
>>
>> I could do this *manually* by creating first
>>
>> 1) a normal Table of Contents via the insert menu. Then
>> 2) select the whole Table of Contents in the Navigation Pane and
>> 3) choose Add Bookmark from the Insert menu. Now – after having bookmarked all entries in the TOC – I could
>> 5) Cross-reference all the bookmarked text
>>
>> I wonder if it is possible to do this with a macro.
>>

>> Žorvaršur
>> OS X 10.4.11
>> Power Mac G4
>
> Philip Spaelti