NISUS Archives

May 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2010 13:42:45 +1000
Hello orl

I'm looking at a used 15" laptop, the 2.53 Ghz model with the tilting
track pad. The owner reports he scrolls and clicks and stuff, but
can't get it to drag and drop, resize windows, or drag select.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem -- and has a suggestion
about how it might be occurring? Isx the tilting thing a problem? (I
find the ordinary track pad plus button bar on my current laptop
unhandy enough -- but I most use a mouse, anyway).

cheers
geoff