NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:25:58 -0600
On 2011 Oct 29, Sat, at 10:06 am, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

>> but even Geoff Heard has moved on while I lag behind with old
>> Apple products that just don't die! :-) but it takes so long to
>> learn all the nuances and how to cope with new iphone-type stuff...
>
> So you have got a new iPhone then? Every Mac user nowadays seems to
> have an iPhone. Until now I was completely happy without it, but
> now I am gradually beginning to think I’m seriously missing
> something. :-)
> _________________________

No, No, No!  I do not have any such thing but the newer OS and
machines are leaning that way so heavily.  No, we have no cell phone
because they will not work up our canyon and it is too expensive to
have one for travel.  We looked at pay-as-you-go cell phone but it
turned out it would only work in the heavily populated areas and not
on the highways between.  There is cell phone service along most of
the highways but the pay-per-use phones did not work there.

I was lamenting that our old stand-by for using older technology long
past the norm, Geoff, has even left me behind! :-)  but then he has
business to do with his machine...  and Guys like me would hardly
keep Apple in business! :-)

All the best.
	Ben