NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:05:55 +1000
It's normal to have 'Normal' style. I think it originates in a Microsoft world, where all may. or may not, be Normal. Base-style would be a better term. It is always there in Styles unles you deliberately remove it.

It is the basic style which can be used anytime and can be made to provide many of the things you wish to start with in a document.

For example, in Normal Style, add Font, Size, Space before or after, Text Colour, Indents, Alignment, etc.
Put this in Nisus New File; always there.

Then you can build on it with extra styles which may also just build on Normal.

I don't like it Normal, but that's just my choice.

Regards from brianF