NISUS Archives

June 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:03:36 +1000
At 9:53 AM -0600 12/6/11, Andrus wrote:
>I agree on the more frequent updates.  I literally gave up expecting
>any further development on NWP!

Likewise. Not quite no further development, but not much. I think NWP
could have gone to v.2 on about half the new features, and then to
v.3 on the remainder. The graphics facility is a full veruson feature
on its own, I reckon.

>(But hey, there's finally a vertical ruler, eh?  My hope is renewed!:-)

You have impeccably good taste!  :)

>But thanks for bringing up the idea on the limited use of the doc
>manager- sort of like the Nisus Classic recent menu that we could
>lock in certain files...

Exactly. it wasn't called "recent" though, but I can't remember what
it was called. The "recent" listing was beneath it. And what a great
feature that was, and a great feature for the same reason that the
Document Manager is (although I didn't grok it initially and thought
it was just silly -- I still think it is silly to save documents in
general to it, but others might work in totally different ways!),
only I wish I could make it a bit slimmer.

Cheers, geoff