NISUS Archives

January 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Cuneo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2012 15:28:00 -0500
Thank you for explaining «guys» to me, guys ;–))
I already knew, of course, but there is a difference between here and in a room full of children of both sexes: eye contacts makes the meaning plain. On the internet, particularly on this kind of blog, there are very few women (on a couple I am the only woman), and the guys (I mean the masculine guys) tend to forget us.
Anyway, my remark was meant just to tease… The problem being you couldn't see my smile.
Happy new year!
Cheers.
Anne