NISUS Archives

May 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 07:46:16 +0100
Thanks for all your hard work, but I do not think I shall ever need to do this again.

I am rewriting a long document that was originally done with Pages. I do not have an app that will open this document, so I copied it onto Nisus, which gives me all the text, and then I have to sort out the formatting. It was a long but simple task, until I came to the tables.

The first difficulty was using tabs inside the table, which Kino kindly solved for me with the 'Option' key.

The next difficulty is keeping a table in one piece and not having half on one page and half on the next. With paragraphs of text, I can check the boxes "Keep paragraphs together" or "Keep with next paragraph", but this does not work for tables. Has anyone any suggestions please?

Doug