NISUS Archives

March 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bob Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:27:06 -0800
>Kino wrote:
>
>Perhaps I will run Snow Leopard as guest OS in VirtualBox

Have you actually tried that?  VirtualBox and VMware Fusion both
state that Apple's licensing allows  installation of OS X *Server* as
guest OS, but precludes installation of OS X client (regular desktop
version).  However, I do not know whether there is a technical
feature that precludes installing OS X client as guest OS.  Also,
even if the OS X installer won't run, perhaps you can simply copy the
contents of a OS X boot volume to a virtual startup volume in
VirtualBox or VMware Fusion.
--

Bob Stern