NISUS Archives

January 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Cuneo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2012 02:48:48 -0500
I wish you all a good 2012, even though I am worried…
Is the financial bubble going to explode? Is climate going to wreak havoc? Is my favourite brand of letter-paper (yes, I still do write letters) going to disappear? Is my postman going to be «optimized» away? Who is going to rule America: Obama? Mitt Romney? Rick Santorum? Is the occupy movement going to be strong enough? etc., etc.
The fireworks the city of Zurich, where I am, offered its citizen last night were absolutely smashing. But I couldn't help thinking of all these things while admiring them.
Is there something wrong with me, doctor?
Anyway, as I am an optimist, I shall still wish you (and myself) a happy New Year.
Cheers!
Anne

PS. This conversation started with a resounding «Guys», so I felt a bit excluded. Please remember me – I don't contribute much, I have been very very busy finishing a book, but I read you faithfully.