NISUS Archives

June 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:35:09 -0600
On 2011 Jun 20, Mon, at 8:54 pm, Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:
> Hello Tim and Ben,
>
> On Jun 21, 2011, at 11:09 AM, Andrus wrote:
>
>> If you edit, it necessarily clears all selections, so I can't
>> think of any way to do exactly what you want.
>>
>> My first thought was to change the selections to RED, but since
>> they are all non-printing characters, nothing would show!
>
> I think if you do a find/replace with "Replace Attributes" checked,
> and put some "highlight color" in the replace character, the color
> will remain even the character is a control character (and I
> recommend to check the "Show Invisibles" in View menu).
>
> Best regard,
>
> Nobumi Iyanaga
> Tokyo,
> Japan

Oh yes. Indeed. I learned something.  I had to look to find it— under
Format—> Highlight.
Then there is the command to remove highlight when done.
Perfect.  It could be built into the macro, or one could wait till
the macro is done and if desired at that point, apply the highlight
color to the non-contiguous selection.

	Ben