NISUS Archives

February 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Knut S. Vikør" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:42:41 +0100
Just downloaded to check language capabilities. First glance, it looks exactly like OpenOffice, even down to inheriting the settings from my OO.org. Arabic seems to work in the same way, that is that it handles AAT (Apple) fonts fine, but not OpenType. Like OpenOffice it displays OT fonts disjointed (unlike NeoOffice, which replaces them with Geeza). Like OO, this OpenType issue causes problem e.g. in the database layout modules, which defaults to a haphazard font on your system, which may be an OpenType font that does not display properly. Footnotes OK.

I haven't checked further, but so far seems to duplicate the language performance of OpenOffice.

Knut