NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:49:40 +0900
Actually this can work slightly better than some might imagine. What you have to do is keep the document open in Nisus, and view the pdf in Preview. When you want to edit something switch to Nisus, edit, re-save as pdf (replacing the pdf file). The open document in Preview will reflect the changes immediately and will keep your page. It may even be possible to write a macro that would do Save-Save as pdf and override the replace file dialog in one go.

This way of working probably makes most sense when you are at a late stage of editing.

On 23. Sep 2010, at 6:11 , jem cabanes wrote:

> Kino, Philip, many thanks.
>
> I knew about the 'PDF trick', only this way I can only view it, not edit it.
>
> Too bad.
>
> jem cabanes

Philip Spaelti