NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:46:55 +1000
My MacBookPro 13", OS X.6.7 is confused about what year it is.

In the Date & Time section of the prefs, the little panel changeable
by the up/down arrows, gives the date as 11/04/09, i.e. the 11 April
2009 - that's the (sensible!) way we Australians generally write
dates.

I cannot change the "09" in the panel although I can change both the
day and the month.

BUT in the calendar page immediately below, it gives the correct date
-- 11 April 2011.

WRONG DATE -- 09

When I look at files, documents and apps, in Column View in the
Finder, I get the Creation, Modified and Last Viewed (or used in the
case of apps) with 09 dates.

In iPhoto I get the same, unalterable, 09 affixed to photos in both
the short and extended information panels.

CORRECT DATE -- ANYTHING FROM 2002-2011

In the LIST view in Finder I get the correct modification date --
which shows the 09 is appearing whether the actual date is before or
after 09.

The drop-down menu at the top of the Finder's menu bar gives the
correct date, 11 April 2011.

Insert > Date and Time > Current Date in NWP gives the correct date.

In iPhoto, the dates given in the thumbnails part of the window are
correct and when I export the photos to applications that read the
EXIF data, the dates are correct.

--

This has been going on for some time. I noticed it a while back in
iPhoto but didn't think to look at the Date & time prefs. While I

Does anyone have a clue about what is going on here?

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Business & Environment Writer, Editor, Publisher
The Worsley Press