NISUS Archives

October 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:06:27 +0900
Hello,

I have again mistaken the address of the listserv, and received a message rejecting my posting. This time, I corrected manually the address.

------

Hello Kino,

On Oct 17, 2012, at 12:43 AM, Kino <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 2012-10-16 [+0900 JST], at 11:01 AM, Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:
>
>> There are two commands that are needed: the one which would return in which part of the document the insertion point is (in the main text, note, comment, etc.),
>
> That is what "documentContentType" command returns.
>
>> and the other, which would select the "corresponding" main text if the insertion point is not there.
>
> Perhaps that feature would require something very complicated. Anyway, for footnotes, you can use "documentTextRange" to get the range of a note reference in the main text. A command of the same name is available also for Comment objects, and "anchorTextRange" for Floating Content object, and so on.

Thank you for letting us know these commands. I will try to find a way to use them in the macros I wrote.

Thank you again.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,