NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:59:20 +0900
Hello again,

>> On Jul 4, 2011, at 9:47 PM, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:
>>

>>> Last December I bought a MacBook Pro with Leopard (and later Snow Leopard) and I immediately noticed a difference: Under Leopard and Snow Leopard I can open ALL my old Nisus Classic files with NWP directly in Finder with a double click. Get Info > Open with: Nisus > Change All works as it is supposed to do. Therefore I suspect a bug in Tiger.
>>>
>>> The bottom line is, if you are running OS 10.6.7 or later you won't have this problem anymore and therefore you don't need the droplet.

In fact, I am not really sure if "Get Info" in the Finder and my droplet do the same thing. My droplet finds the files that have the "file type" 'TEXT" and "file creator" 'NISI', and sets their default application to Nisus Writer Pro. I don't know how Finder's "Get Info" "Open with" > "Change All..." determines the files of which the "default application" will be changed, but at least for Snow Leopard Finder, I am almost sure that it does not look at the "file type" and "file creator" (these belong to the old Classic OS technology, that Apple tries to get rid of...). However, for files which were created using Classic OS, these are the most reliable "marks" indicating their kinds.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,
Japan