NISUS Archives

October 2016

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
takamitsu muraoka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2016 22:19:25 +0100
Hello everybody,

I wonder if any of you could help me. I'm translating an ancient Semitic poem into English. I want to number each line. But a Semitic text is most of the time quite shorter when printed in comparison with its English translation. It's too short for the page format (line length) of my publisher. As a compromise I would incorporate the line number for each line into a continuous text. With NWP you can number each line to the left of the pages and the line numbers can be printed. But does anyone know how to incorporate these numbers inside the text automatically? I faint over the prospect of doing it manually. The poem runs to more than 3,000 lines!

With thanks in advance,

Takamitsu MURAOKA
takamitsu muraoka

村岡崇光