NISUS Archives

June 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:41:38 +0900
On Jun 19, 2010, at 8:50 PM, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

> I would like to have a table of contents with hot links at the beginning of my document so that I can jump to chapters in the document by double clicking on the corresponding entries in the table of contents.

Like MS Word?

> Is it possible to write a macro to achieve this task?

No.

> I could do this *manually* by creating first
>
> 1) a normal Table of Contents via the insert menu. Then
> 2) select the whole Table of Contents in the Navigation Pane and
> 3) choose Add Bookmark from the Insert menu. Now – after having bookmarked all entries in the TOC – I could

You can bookmark them only when the focus is in the Navigator and no macro command for moving the focus is available.

> 5) Cross-reference all the bookmarked text

There is no macro command for setting a cross-reference and a macro routine for simulating such a manual operation fails because NWP seldom updates window contents while a macro is running.

Kino