NISUS Archives

May 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 14:21:22 +1000
NWP is moving from v 1.4.1 to v 2.0. A major upgrade from v1.x.x to v2.x.

Whether or not it is said so, this is a major upgrade not update, and with every other application I have downloaded over the last decade, this means it is a 'paid upgrade' except where new purchasers are generally allowed to do so for no extra cost if the new upgrade is, for example, within 3 months after the original purchase. Nisus Writer is the same - 90 days [see below].

Going to <http://nisus.com/> leads you, top left, to <http://nisus.com/pro/releasenotes20.php> where on page one it says:

"Nisus Writer Pro version 2.0 is the latest version available. To update simply replace your old Nisus Writer Pro application with the new one (download the update or download the full version).

NOTE: version 2.0 is not a free upgrade. Existing version 1.x customers may buy an upgrade from our store."

In the Nisus Newsletter of 19/05/2011, there is the statement:

"Nisus Writer Pro 2 is available now at our store for only $79. You can upgrade from previous versions of Pro for $49. A three license Family Pack is also available for $99. You can order a CD version for an additional $10 plus shipping. Those of you who have purchased Nisus Writer Pro 1.x in the last 90 days will be upgraded to Pro 2 for free. An email containing a license number and a link to download should be arriving shortly."

I don't think it fair to say you were not warned.

Whether or not it works as expected is another matter entirely.

Regards from brianF