NISUS Archives

May 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"M. A. Nezami" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2010 10:23:21 -0700
On  5/15/10 Hamid Haji Wrote

>On 15 May 2010, at 05:21, M. A. Nezami wrote:
>
>> No matter what I do  in saving my < Nisus New File.dot>  document,
>> whenever I open  a new file, it opens half page and in the middle and
>> left side of my screen  (I want full Nisus page  at the top of my screen).
>>
>> Will appreciate Help.
>> Asaad Nezami
>
>This is the normal way to edit your current Nisus New File:
>
>In NWP Preferences, tab to New File and click the 'Edit Nisus New
>File...' button.
>This will open your current Nisus New File.dot for editing.
>Resize the Nisus New File window and drag it to the part of the screen
>where you want new document windows to open.
>Press Save and close the file and the Preferences pane.
>
>Press Command-n to get an Untitled document window. This window should
>have the same size and open in the same part of the screen where you
>saved the dot file.
>I assume that you work with the same screen resolution.
>
>Hamid

Second Reply:
Interesting, Hamid:

Curious,  I tried to figure out the abode of  the creature with your
kind help. So Went to Menu Bar:   Nisus Writer Pro --> Preferences  -->
New File.  In the  window under the top line the engraved text redds:  ~/
Library/application  Support / Nisus Writer ....  Yet in this  place
there is no Nisus Writer.dot.  Instead the the new file I created is  in
the  Side Bar: Places -->Documents  --> Nisus Documents -->Backups -->
Nisus New File. dot.

Am curious if there is sme thing wrong with my set up?

Thanks Again, Asaad