NISUS Archives

May 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 03:14:13 +0900
On 2011-05-20 [+0900 JST], at 10:14 AM, Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:

> And I saw that it is now possible, among other things, to manipulate comments from within macros. This is something I wanted since long time: I am not sure if this is possible, but perhaps with this feature, it would be possible to "embed" macros in specific locations of a documents, just as we used to be able to do in Classic Nisus macros, using the "Invisible characters". You would select some portion of a document to which a comment is attached, and choose a macro manu (in Classic Nisus Writer I assigned "Option + Click" to this macro menu, which was extremely convenient...!); this would read the contents of the attached comment, and execute it as a macro.

I think you could do that already in NWP 1.4.1 if you mean something like:

	Menu 'Go to Comment Text'
	Menu 'Run Selection as Macro'

I have not tested it in NWP 1.4.1, though. In NWP 2.0, 'Go to Comment Text' selects all the comment text.

> I used these "invisible macros" almost always to make links inside other documents, and jump to specific locations inside these documents. Do you think such macro would be possible...?

For example, if you have a local copy of the Macro Reference as '~/Applications/NWP/Nisus Macro Reference2.0.zrtf' and if you have a comment having '~/Applications/NWP/Nisus Macro Reference2.0.zrtf:compare' as its content in the front most document, then running the following macro with the caret in a string having the comment will open the Macro Reference and select a bookmark 'compare'.

	Require Pro Version 2.0
	$doc = Document.active
	$sel = $doc.textSelection

	$comments = $sel.text.commentsAtIndex $sel.location

	if $comments == undefined
		exit 'No comment here, exiting...'
	end

	$urlBookmark = $comments.firstValue.text.split ':'

	if Open $urlBookmark.firstValue
		Select Bookmark $urlBookmark.lastValue
	end

> And two *major* improvement that we, Japanese (or Chinese, etc.) need desperately as soon as possible:
> 1. the possibility of vertical writing;

It is said that TextEdit will support the vertical writing in OS X 10.7. I saw a screenshot posted to a rumour site in March when I was staying in Kanazawa. Then, hopefully...

> 2. the possibility of putting "rubis" (glosses...).

For me, 'bouten/kenten' is more important. The lack of it for Japanese IS the lack of Italic style for European languages.

Kino