MACSCRPT Archives

May 2013

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 16:44:31 +0000
I posed about this a couple months back, and it's happening again with a different script. Long script that goes through a bunch of files and reads stuff, saves it up and outputs a list. It hangs about a quarter of the way through, at a different place each time. Same behavior on two (so far) different Mountain Lion machines, but it runs like lightning on a Snow Leopard machine. Anybody else having this problem? Are we back to the old "You can't go over 30K" days?

I've tried zeroing variables at the beginning of each repeat. I've tried quitting every other app.

If it's a memory leak, is there an Applescript equivalent to autorelease or pool drain?

Bill Steele