]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MACSCRPT Home

MACSCRPT  June 2018

MACSCRPT June 2018

Re: Getting iTunes library to see files moved to a different drive

Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Jun 2018 09:04:01 -0400

text/plain

When I had this issue I told iTunes to copy the music into it's heirarchy and to keep things organized. Both checkboxes in the advanced preferences.

I imagine this isn't the solution you were looking for since you have the music pre-organized.

This script copies a file to a different device and then reassigns the location in iTunes.

tell application "iTunes"
	set ft to file track "WFOO$083449"
	do shell script "cp ~/Desktop/WFOO\\$083449.mp3 /Volumes/Untitled/WFOO\\$083449.MP3"
	set location of ft to POSIX file "/Volumes/Untitled/WFOO$083449.MP3"
	location of ft
end tell

-Mark
Who wonders if he will ever have enough hard drive space...