MACSCRPT Archives

October 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Levon Spradlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:22:46 -0500
    I get an AppleScript Runtime Error when trying this simple code. I am
copying it from known working tutorial scripts, thinking that my syntax was
off in my project. It makes my head hurt when simple does not work. Am I
doing something wrong?

tell application "Finder"
    set theDesktop to path to desktop as Unicode text
end tell

Finder got an error: Can't make desktop into type constant.

Levon Spradlin
Technology Manager, Desktop Publishing Support Services
Pearson | Assessment & Information
512-989-5300 x 3989
AOC DPSS Weblog @ http://aocdpss.wordpress.com/

• "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. " Benjamin Franklin (1759) •

This email may contain material confidential to
Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.