MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Bob R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:48:47 -0400
Using Filemaker 6 with OS 10.3.9, I am trying to insert low res PDF files into a master
document to view them as a proof sheet.  Using the file name as a string does not
embed the PDF; only the Insert Picture command will do that.  My problem is how to
use Filemaker's Scriptmaker to script the Insert Picture command using a variable for
the PDF file name.  Here is how FM says to use the do script:

     Insert Picture ["myphoto.tif']

When I try to follow their lead:

     do script "Insert Picture [myrealpic.pdf]"

the result is "Object not found".  And that is for a specific file, just to see if it will work.
Here I try using a variable:

     do script "Insert Picture [myfile]"

and nothing happens at that point.

Any suggestions?  Thanks, Bob R.