MACSCRPT Archives

December 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Philip Aker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:52:36 -0800
Greetings all,

OSA components PerlOSA, PHPOSA, PythonOSA, RubyOSA, ShOSA, and
TclOSA, now have the ability to have their scripts and script bundles
serve as rules for Mail.app. The main goal is to provide the message
data to those languages so they can do things with the data which are
awkward in AppleScript. For those of you with abilities in any of
those languages I'd like your opinion as to the format of the input
data that could be most useful to you (as a default format).
Currently, I'm passing the text equivalent of "properties of message
x". This is excessive. I'm trying to find the middle ground for an
input format which will work well for all the languages supported.

It's not necessary for you to download the release to have an
opinion, but in case you want to peek, there's a time limited version
for Macs with Intel processors available at:

<http://homepage.mac.com/philip_aker/osa/dl/OSAComponents1040_108.dmg>

Not in this release, but also available is the first version of LuaOSA.

Philip Aker