LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:23:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Equipment probe...
>Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:40:33 -0400 (EDT)
>From: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Hi all!  I find myself between a rock and a hard place these days, with the
absolute necessity for upgrading my old Tandberg IS 10 lab (heck, upgrade
nothing--the darned thing needs to be totally replaced!) but no funding with
which to do it.  Since Vermont is something like 47th in the nation for lack of
funding for its state university, things don't look real good for the near
future, and I'm afraid I'm soon going to be looking for a quick fix to tide us
over until funding CAN be found.

Do any of you have IS10 labs that are soon to be replaced with something else?
If so, might anyone be interested in disposing of some of their still-working
tape decks in my direction?  (I don't need booths, and I don't even need a lot
of tape decks, but just some that are still working so I can replace a few
here and get through yet another year...).

Please reply offlist to me at [log in to unmask]

Cheers,
Sue Breeyear, Dumpmeister