LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:13:39 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Barbara Baraff" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:53:25 -0800
>From: "Barbara Baraff" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #9302 Chinese Resources

Hello Kellie,
Sorry for the delay in responding to your inquiry.
Our language center has the following resources:
CD-ROMS:
-Pinyin Master 2.0, Copyright 1998 Sanpao Li, Jeff Winters & their licensors: an
inactive tutorial of Mandarin pronunciation and the Pinyin system (very popular
with beginning- and even intermediate-level students);
- Critical Languages Series, Beginning Cantonese, published by the University of
Arizona, including 29 video dialogues, poems and games by native speakers with
over 11,400 audio recordings; and
- Critical Languages Series, Beginning Mandarin, published by the University of
Arizona, including 32 video dialogues, poems, and games by native speakers with
over 6,800 audio recordings.
CDs:
100 Chinese Poems, an interactive CD, copyright 1995 by the Laser Publishing
Group. Users can select each poem, listen, read the English translation, view
background images, and locate the sense of related poems.
Our website needs desperately to be redesigned, but here is the link to our
Chinese page. All of the links have been reviewed by our Chinese faculty:
http://www.ccsf.edu/Departments/Language_Center/chlinks.htm
I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Barbara

Barbara Baraff, Assistant Coordinator
Language Center
City College of San Francisco
[log in to unmask] | (415) 452-5555
Confidentiality Notice: This communication, its contents and/or attachments, may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s).