LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:17:35 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff ALLEN <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: ven., 10 mars 2000 16:38:16 +0100
>To: (various e-lists) <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Jeff ALLEN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CONF: Cross Language Evaluation Forum - Call for Participation
>Cc: (Carol Peters) <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement]

This message is posted by ELRA/ELDA for Carol Peters.

Excellence for Digital Libraries in collaboration with the US National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the TREC
Conferences.

The Cross-Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF) will run three main
evaluation tracks in 2000, testing multilingual, bilingual and monolingual
(non-English) information retrieval systems. There will also be a special
sub-task for domain-specific cross-language evaluation.

For further information, see <http://www.iei.pi.cnr.it/DELOS/CLEF>.

The results of the activity will be presented during a two-day Workshop
on Multilingual Information Access, 21-22 September in Lisbon, Portugal,
immediately after the fourth European Conference on Digital Libraries
(ECDL2000: see <http://www.bn.pt/org/agenda/ecdl2000>).

Those intending to participate in CLEF 2000 are requested to send an
e-mail to Carol Peters ([log in to unmask]), as soon as possible,
indicating in which task(s) they intend to participate.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Data Release - 1 April 2000
Topic Release - 8 May 2000
Receipt of results from participants - 1 July 2000
Release of relevance assessments and individual results - 15 August 2000
Submission of paper for Working Notes - 5 September 2000
Workshop - 21-22 September 2000

Carol Peters
Istituto di Elaborazione della Informazione
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
(or IEI-CNR)
Area della Ricerca di Pisa
Via Alfieri, 1
56010 Ghezzano, PISA, Italy

Tel: +39 050 315 2897
Fax: +39 050 315 2810
E-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.iei.pi.cnr.it/Personal/carol.html

Jeff ALLEN - Technical Manager/Directeur Technique
European Language Resources Association (ELRA)  &
European Language resources - Distribution Agency (ELDA)
(Agence Europe'enne de Distribution des Ressources Linguistiques)
55, rue Brillat-Savarin
75013   Paris   FRANCE
Tel: (+33) 1.43.13.33.33 - Fax: (+33) 1.43.13.33.30
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.elda.fr/

*** See the Language Resources and Evaluation
Conference (LREC) 2000 Web site:
http://www.elda.fr/lrec2000.html   ***