LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:19:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:03:50 -0800 (PST)
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6486.3 Yale University Press (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I'm not going to name names -grin- but there are
several of our distinguished colleagues out there who
are indeed digitizing video and making it available
under an interpretation of both fair use and the
licensing agreements.

In all cases that I know of, there is both password
and location restriction.  I'm about to test a similar
arrangement -using video we have digital licensing
for, just in case- using a combination of a Blackboard
front end with yet another password *and* IP
restrictions at the RealServer level.  We've already
done a proof of concept test with some digital audio.
I'll provide details off-list to anyone who wants more
info.

Samantha

Samantha Earp, Director
Foreign Language Technology Services