LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:36:37 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Michael Bush" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Michael Bush" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: DVD News!
>Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:08:02 -0700

------------------
I am pleased to announce that CALICO is hosting a two-day
workshop on DVD, entitled "DVD Development for Language
Learning" to be held in conjunction with this year's CALICO
Symposium, 30-31 May 200, in Tucson, AZ.  We will spend
1/2-day reviewing DVD technology with its similarities and
differences to previous interactive media. During the rest
of the time there will be hands-on experience during which
we will actually produce a simple DVD title.  Beginning in
April, we will work online with workshop participants to
learn about DVD and to plan our title.  This will make our
time at the workshop much more productive than would
otherwise be possible.  Sign up early!  Go to
http://www.calico.org/CALICO00/index.html and click on
"Workshops" for more information.

For those who want a more general as well as more in-depth
and more technical view of DVD, consider DVD Pro in San
Francisco, July 17 and 18.  I have been working with a
steering committee this year to organize for the first time
at this conference THREE (!) sessions on DVD in Education
and Training.  I presented at DVD Pro in 1998, the first
year (second session that year) the gathering was organized
and was enthused by the quality of the conference.  This
year Sony is sponsoring the third annual "Discus Awards for
Creative Excellence", which will include the category, "Best
Educational DVD (ROM or Video)".  This event, along with the
other sessions and exhibits, will be a great opportunity to
take the pulse of the DVD world in general.

DVD really is happening....

Mike
Michael Bush
Associate Professor of French and