LLTI Archives

November 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:34:54 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Takeshi Sengiku" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: next question- multi-user video conferenig tools
>Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:22:10 -0500
>From: "Takeshi Sengiku" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Dear all
[I apologize for cross-postings, again.]

Thank you very much for all the information you provided in the mailing
list.  I really appreciate it.  I checked each applications and website
you all suggested - whether it is cross-platform or not, how many ways
can we have for video conferencing, and price...etc

After looking at the information below, there is a question I would like
to ask you all again.  I was wondering if you know of any programs that
I can have 10-12 ways video conferencing?  Most of the
applications/software are mostly limited to 4 ways, which are nice, but
I was hoping to have approximately 10 participants at the same time in
the video conferencing.  Is it even possible to do that?

Furthermore, there are web meeting companies such as Elluminate Live
http://www.elluminate.com/ or Marratech (http://www.marratech.com/)

I was also wondering if you have used any of web-meeting programs like
that.  Could you share any of your experiences on using these programs?

Sincerely

Takeshi

=============video conference tools=========================
oovoo: http://www.oovoo.com/download/
standard FREE - 3ways video chat,  super $15/month 6 ways, (for Mac and
Windows

ConferenceXP: http://research.microsoft.com/conferencexp/
4 ways conference (Windows only (except Mac running Virtual VM)
ConferenceXP is licensed for non-commercial use, subject to the
restrictions in the license.

Xmeeting - http://xmeeting.sourceforge.net/pages/index.php
For Mac, open-source

EVO : http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/
Cross-platform, how many ways do we have for video conference???

oovoo: http://www.oovoo.com/download/

Sightspeed: http://www.sightspeed.com/
Free 2-way	plus 4-way	business 9-way

Dimdim: http://dimdim.com/
Cross-platform 2-Way Video Chat (Pro & Enterprise only)

iChat
4-way, for Mac

++++++
Takeshi Sengiku
Director of Language Resource Center
Lecturer in Asian Studies Department
Coordinator for Self-Instructional Arabic Language program
Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 717-337-6340
++++++