LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:54:00 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:18:29 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re:  #5541 Dual Channel recorders

Hands down, my favorite dual channel cassette recorder is the
ETI P224, available from Education Technology, 2224 Hewlett Ave,
Merrick NY 11566 Phone (516)623-3200  FAX 516 378-2672
email [log in to unmask]

The P224 is a versatile machine which works great as a standalone
but can also be patched with other like machines into a lab-like
set up. It is an inexpensive solution to providing analog audio
in a very flexible configuration, with high quality sound. For $595,
including headphones, it's a good deal, IMHO. We've had one for
several years and have had no complaints about its functionality
or reliability.

When you plug the headset into the front of the machine it works
just like a lab deck - student recording goes to track two without
compromising the master channel recording. Switch the headset to the
rear jack and you can do master-track recordings on the same machine.

I only wish I could find a compatible table mic to use with the P224,
for teachers who like to do in-class recordings, sans headset. And
a handle to make it more portable.

bruce

Bruce Parkhurst
Geddes Language Center