LLTI Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:37:39 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Lynne Crandall <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:54:06 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Lynne Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fall '99 MWALL Conference Reminder

------------------
** REMINDER ** REMINDER ** REMINDER ** REMINDER ** REMINDER **

The Fall '99 MWALL conference is drawing near, and we want you to receive
special notice of our upcoming conference.  Our theme of "collaboration" has
drawn a number of interesting proposals from many perspectives.  We
solicited and received proposals on a variety collaborative topics including
instructional and interdepartmental efforts.  The schedule of events will be
on our website soon, so please check.

THE MIDWEST ASSOCIATION OF LEARNING LABORATORIES Presents

Fall '99 MWALL at The University of Michigan
Language Resource Center
Ann Arbor, Michigan
October 8-9, 1999

Sessions will begin at 8:30am on Friday, October 8th and continue through
5:30pm on Saturday, October 9th, so plan to travel early and stay late!

On-line registration and conference information can be found at
http://www.umich.edu/~langres/mwall/.  (Hotel information is available at the
conference website.)  Make sure you mention MWALL.

Registration for Fall '99 MWALL  is free for current MWALL members.  For new
or renewing members, registration will cost $15 and will include this year's
MWALL membership.  For more membership information see the MWALL website at
http://LanguageCenter.cla.umn.edu/MWALL/.  It will be possible to join at
the conference.
We have lots of special things planned for MWALL's 10th Anniversary
Conference.  In addition to NETWORKING WITH YOUR COLLEAGUES  you will be
able to sample from:
** 20+ sessions on a wide range of collaborative topics **
** Showcase of University of Michigan foreign language technology
   projects **
** Projector demonstrations (and other electronic innovations) by Thalner
    Electronic Laboratories **
** Hands-on exploration of Sony's LLC-8000 Digital Language Learning
    System by Howard and Smith **
** Authentic Arabic dinner (Friday) provided by The Big Market **
** Box lunch (Saturday) with special topics tables and the MWALL
    Business Meeting **
Ann Arbor is a wonderful place to be in October:  the weather is mild, the
fall color spectacular, and all of your friends will be here for MWALL!

Check the webpage address above, or contact us by telephone at
734-764-0424 with any questions.  Come collaborate with us at the
Midwest's best fall event this year!

Lynne Crandall
University of Michigan Language Resource Center
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1275
734-647-0762