LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:18:15 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: smartboard software?
>Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:57:28 -0400

One of my faculty in Spanish recently saw a very interactive
whiteboard lesson at her daughter's school and asked why we don't have
the same capabilities with our SmartBoard,  It turns out the the
school is using ActivStudio which is proprietary software for
Promethean whiteboards:
http://www.prometheanworld.com/us/

I can't seem to find any analogous software for the SmartBoard.  Does
anyone know of any resources?  Any third-party programs for
SmartBoard?  I'm also interested in hearing how your faculty use
SmartBoard in class.  We use it mostly for marking up documents in the
context of peer correction of writing.

Thanks for any tips.

Cindy Evans, Ph.D.
Director, Foreign Language Resource Center
Lecturer in French
Skidmore College
518-580-5205

Teaching