LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:20:40 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Laura Atkinson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Laura Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7404.2 Hindi documents shared between Macs and PCs (!)
>Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:03:40 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

This message  was originally submitted  by [log in to unmask] to  the LLTI
list at  LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If  you simply  forward it  back to  the list,
using  a mail  command that  generates "Resent-"  fields (ask  your local  user
support or consult the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will
be  distributed and  the  explanations  you are  now  reading  will be  removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to  remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able  to contact  the author  of this  message by  using the  normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (80 lines) ------------------
I cannot seem to type Hindi into TextEdit no matter what I try (using
the Devanagari keyboard). I just get little squares with a single Hindi
character. With Mellel, I get empty squares. I'm running Panther. ????

We actually, I believe, have an unused copy of Nisus Writer lying
around now. I can give that a try. We use it for Japanese and Arabic
already.

I thought TextEdit and/or Mellel should work - any insights into why
they're not?

Thanks!

Laura

Laura Atkinson
Technical Coordinator for Foreign Language Computing
Duke University