LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:58:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7586 iPods instead of audio consoles
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

I'm surprised that this article doesn't mention
languages, since a language project is one of the
first ones we're supporting, and this detail seemed to
get leaked pretty early, given many of the other
on-line articles (and rumor sites). We're very excited
about the possibilities, although there is no
intention at this point for the iPods to replace any
of the other technologies we have in place to support
language teaching and learning.

You can read the official press release at
http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/news/ipods_0704.html.
I'll be happy to answer questions off-list if you have
them.

Best,
Samantha

Samantha Earp, Director