LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:18:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Stern <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:09:51 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Judy Stern <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: software for inserting audio comments

I'm trying to help a faculty member that was  previously using the
QualComm PureVoice recorder for the following asynchronous activity:
students would record audio and email to her, she would open and
insert her comments directly in the student's audio file (without
overwriting their audio), and email the file back so they could
listen to their audio with her inserted comments. She's now looking
for a solution (freeware recording software for students, inexpensive
editing software for her) that will run on a PC, isn't flaky (i.e. is
still supported), and creates compressed files (i.e. not .wav). Looks
like Audacity would be good for students, but I can't find a simple
editing app for her. Any ideas?

(I am having her look into eLangLab as a complete solution, but am
asking this question in case that doesn't work for her.)

Judy Stern
Educational Technology Services
University of California Berkeley