LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:43:59 EDT
We have a Coordinator of Operations and Software Development who is in
charge of everyday operations as well as software development. His salary
rank is just one below me, although he is considerably younger than me and
has been on the job a few years less than me. I created that position and
that's the best thing I did for myself and for the lab. It was a temporary
position for nine years or so and I just got an official "slot" for it. It
started as quarter time, than half and eventually full time. So maybe you
should take whatever you are offered right now and than try to improve it.

David Ben-Nahum
Director of Language Laboraories
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem