LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:46:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:47:41 -0600
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #5796 Authoring tools
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
First, I am an old Hypercard programmer and still use it for some things.
It will only run on Macs but it will do almost anything.

Another option is HyperStudio.  It is x-platform and gives you several
options with an easy learning curve.

I have started working with a new package called iShell available from
Tribeworks.com.  It is different from anything else I have encountered and
takes a bit of learning but it works quite well.  Best of all, it is free.

There are also Authorware and Director from Macromedia but they are
expensive and have steep learning curves.

I am still looking for the perfect environment where I can do everything,
x-platform, costs little or nothing, and is easy to learn.  iShell is
pretty close but I still wish Apple would update HyperCard.

Good luck.

Tom Browne

Thomas Browne
Humanities Resource Center
Macalester College
651-696-6336

--On Wednesday, November 1, 2000 9:02 AM -0500 LLTI-Editor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:rr