LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:16:52 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Margo Burns <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:26:47 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Margo Burns <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6309 Foreign Language DVDs; Digital Audio-Video

------------------
Hi, Victoria--

You wrote to the LLTI list:
>Another subject: I need to talk to someone who actually is
>digitizing FL audio learning materials and streaming FL digital
>video via the local network. Please send me your phone number. My
>CIO thinks that we, at UMBC, should be exploring the possibilities
>of digital audio and video for FL
instruction.

I am just starting the process of digitizing my analog audio tapes
and experimenting with them as Shockwave Audio (SWA) files with cue
points, in order to be able to stream audio over the web from pages
with a Shockwave interface to control it (created in Macromedia
Director Shockwave Studio).

The possibilities are very promising.  If you want to talk, my number
in the lab is 603-229-4665.  I am here from 8:30-11:45 and 12:50-3:00
Mo/Tu/Th/Fr, 4-6 & 7-9 on Wed, and 8:30-noon on Saturdays.

Cheers,
Margo

--

Margo Burns       603-229-4666     [log in to unmask]      http://www.sps.edu
      Director of The Language Center, St. Paul's School, Concord, NH