LLTI Archives

May 2010, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2010 20:11:26 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Joel Josephson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Wed, 12 May 2010 06:36:58 -0400
>From: Joel Josephson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: European project using digital comics in education
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Joel Josephson <[log in to unmask]>

Educomics http://www.educomics.org/  is a European Union Comenius
education project under the LifeLong Learning Program.  It has built sets of
resource materials for teachers based on research and piloting in EU schools,
so that teachers will have clear examples and guides to use digital comics in
their teaching practice.

Digital comics in the classroom have been clearly seen to enhance learning to
engage and motivate students. For teachers it allows them to use, a simple,
technology in a practical and effective way.

Invitation
I would like to invite you to take part in our project by also using digital
comics. You can use a simple to use software application called ComicLab
which has been used by students and teachers for making digital comics in
classrooms. You can find ComicLab at: http://webcomicbookcreator.com. The
ComicLab application comes with a full instruction book and 30day fully
functional, trial version.

You can find open access, resources and lesson plans about the educational
use of comics on the project website, including Lesson Plans, Materials and
Tools

I would be very grateful if you could tell me about your use with your
students. You can write back with your own comments or use the template
downloadable from the website http://www.educomics.org/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=55

By trying comics you can add to our knowledge of how digital comics can be
used as effective, motivational tools in the classroom and add to the
resources we will make available to teachers.

If you would like further information please write to us.

Thank you

Dr. Symeon Retalis (coordinator Educomics)
University of Piraeus Research Center
Piraeus, Greece
Email: [log in to unmask]