LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:59:32 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Consulting opportunity in Kuwait
>Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:33:15 -0500

------------------
Dear All:

I have received an inquiry from E.V.I Pillai, who is apparently a contractor
in Kuwait, regarding a possibility to consult on a +/- 200-seat multimedia
language lab for the Public Authority for Applied Education and Training.
He has passed along the specs as requested by the Public Authority, which
are both comprehensive, and, in a number of cases, mutually exclusive.

I have asked Mr. Pillai for clarification on the role of a consultant to the
project, and it seems that what he's really asking for is a subcontractor --
someone to deal with vendors, network technicians, selecting equipment, etc.
I can't really offer him this kind of support (something about already
having a job ...), but pass the information on to the list in hopes of
finding someone who can help on this project.  Here's Mr. Pillai's last
communication to me on the matter:

"Dear Andrew F. Ross,
Thank you for your response. We are looking for suitable hardware and soft
ware to address the requirements of this job. We need equipment, catalogues,
drawings and commercial solution. This is part of a big project with Public
Authority for Applied Education and Training.
regards"

If anyone is interested, please reply off-list, and I'll send you the specs
and contact information.

Thanks,

a.

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D
Director, Multimedia Language Lab
G15 Puryear Hall
University of Richmond,  VA   23173
Tel: (804) 287-6838

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup."