LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 13:15:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 16:11:12 -1000
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: LLT Vol 7 Num 2 now available
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are happy to announce that Volume 7, Number 2 of Language Learning
& Technology is now available at http://llt.msu.edu. This is a
Special Issue on "Telecollaboration" and was guest edited by Julie A.
Belz in conjunction with Associate Editor Rick Kern. The contents are
listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if you have not already done so. Also, we welcome your
contributions for future issues. Check our guidelines for submission
at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html.

Sincerely,

Mark Warschauer and Dorothy Chun, Editors
Language Learning & Technology (http://llt.msu.edu)

***Feature Articles***
Artifacts and Cultures-of-Use in Intercultural Communication by
Steven L. Thorne

Linguistic Perspectives on the Development of Intercultural
Competence in Telecollaboration by Julie A. Belz

Understanding the "Other Side": Intercultural Learning in a
Spanish-English E-Mail Exchange by Robert O'Dowd

Negotiation of Meaning and Codeswitching in Online Tandems by Markus Kötter

***Columns***
On the Net by by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio
Tele-Collaborative Projects: Monsters.com?

Emerging Technologies by Bob Godwin-Jones
Blogs and Wikis: Environments for On-line Collaboration

***Reviews***
Edited by Rafael Salaberry

Language and the Internet by David Crystal
Reviewed by Steven L. Thorne

Network-Based Language Teaching: Concepts and Practice, Mark
Warschauer & Rick Kern (Eds.)
Reviewed by Marisol Fernández-García

Pronunciación y Fonética, version 2.1 (software) by Patricia V. Lunn
Reviewed by Phillip Elliot