FMPRO-L Archives

November 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Corn Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:43:27 -0500
On Nov 10, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Aki Armann Jonsson wrote:

> "It would also be nice to be able to save the PDF's in a designated folder on the MacMini. "
>
> The MacMini is a server and I cannot figure a way to save the PDF´s on it, I can only save it on my computer.
>
> Any ideas?

Why do you want to both save the PDFs to a folder AND save them in a container field? I would do one or the other but not both.

To save them on the server I would suggest investing in SuperContainer from 360Works. Otherwise you'll need to have a shared folder on your server (do not share the FileMaker Server folder or any folder therein) which is mounted automatically in the same place for each user. You can then use your script and target that shared folder (note the path for shared volumes is perhaps not what you think it should be).

Cheers,
-corn

Cornelius Walker
The Proof Group