FMPRO-L Archives

April 2010, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"C. J. Weigand" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:37:50 -0400
Whenever I change field definitions, as I leave the manage database
display I get a dialog "Applying change to layout xxxx", where "xxxx"
indicates numerous layouts that have no relevance. For example, you
can duplicate a field and exit with no dialogs. When you then go back
and delete the field, you get the dialogs and have to wait. You can
click a "Skip" button, but I don't know if this affects the program
long term.

I can find nothing that discusses this in the help windows or the
knowledge base, although I've searched on various things. Exactly what
is this dialog (new in FileMaker Pro 11) and what happens long term to
the database if I click the "Skip" button?

Regards,

C. J.

Life $uccess Institute
356 Salem Turnpike