FMPRO-L Archives

July 2010, Week 5

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:19:31 -0600
I am trying, for the first time, to set up a scheduled script to
export records from one of my files via the Server Administrator
(version 10).  It all seems pretty straightforward, but my script
isn't working.

I am trying to save the exported records as a csv file in a folder on
the server.  I can run the filemaker script that exports the records
quite successfully from my computer or another computer, and as long
as the computer is connected to the appropriate folder on the server,
it works.

But when the Server Admin runs the script, nothing happens.  I suspect
that the server needs a different address or address format to figure
out where to put the exported record file than what works from my
computer, but I can't figure out how to name the correct address for
the server's use into my script.

 From my computer:  filemac:/foldername/filename.csv    works fine.

Can anyone offer advice on what I might need to change to get this
working from the server?

Thanks very much for any help,

Sue