FMPRO-L Archives

January 2013, Week 5

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:40:12 -0500
FMPA 12
Mac/PC

I'm redesigning from scratch a database I originally developed in FMP 8. It has 300+ value lists in various value lists/files. I am putting all those values into 1 table in the new design. The client needs to be able to access the values to occasionally change them. For example, change -swimming pool- to -private swimming pool-.

I've looked at and tried many value list options available in the community but I can't seem to find one that works from a served (FMP 12 Server) file or will hold the value when there is more than one value set on a layout. It's possible I haven't adapted them correctly but after 3 weeks of trying, I give up.

I need single choice, multiple choice and conditional values, usually all three types on the various layouts.

Does anyone know of a solution that they can point me to?

Thanks, -Alex