FMPRO-L Archives

March 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rowland Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:42:10 +0100
I'm trying to transfer an existing solution that works fine from a
Windows XP machine to a Windows 7 machine. FMP 9 (one of a 5-seat
licence bought by the non-profit organisation) is acting as a
front-end to a MySQL database hosted on a remote server.

I replicated the installation I'd originally made on the user's old
XP machine and everything seemed Ok until I came to install the ODBC
drivers for MySQL. The installer seemed to work OK, but when I opened
the ODBC section of the Administrative Tools in the Control Panel I
couldn't see the MySQL driver that had (I thought) just been
installed.

Anyone know if I need some different driver for Windows 7? The one I
installed from is called:

mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-win32.msi

Any advice appreciated - I'm basically a Mac person, so don't assume
I know too much about Windows!

regards

Rowland