FMPRO-L Archives

November 2018, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rowland Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:54:10 +0000
On 2018-11-20, at 22:36, Eric Van Deputte <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> supposing transferring data from one file to another empty identical (but upgraded) file.
>
> Using which scriptline(s) should I be able to make a specific number (in fact the highest number already been put into a "$field")
>
> the new starting number of an autolmatic inputfiled ?

Eric - I’m not sure if there is a way to do it by scripting (have never thought about this question!). Obviously if you have to do this several times, scripting is the right approach. But if you are only doing it once, I would check the starting number required from the original file of data, then before importing the data to the empty file, change the field definition in the empty file so that the starting number of the auto-enter field corresponds to that.

Hope this helps.

in friendship

Rowland